The First Morning After.

 THE FIRST MORNING AFTER


“There's death, and there's the first morning after letting someone go.”


What a great comparison, cause oh...


I am still alive, yh, buh I know how it feels to lose someone you love and cherish to the cold hands of death.


The feeling of never seeing them again.


Never hearing them.


Never touching them.


Oh, I know such pain.


That heart-wrenching feeling of knowing you'll never get another moment with them. No more conversations, no more laughter, no more ordinary little moments you never knew you'd miss so much.


Then there's the first morning.


Or night.


The first 24 hours after letting someone go.


Someone you loved.


Someone you had plans with.


Someone you envisioned your future with.


And suddenly...


this person ain't mine no more.


You have to wake up and somehow accept that the person you once imagined your future with is now part of your past.


You have to do it all over again with someone different.


Love again.


Trust again.


Build again.


Envision a future again.


And both carry their own pain.


Deep pain.


Buh for me, I feel death is worse.


Because with letting someone go, as painful as it is, there is still the possibility of another morning.


Another person.


Another love.


Another chance.


Death doesn't give you that choice.


Death is final.


It leaves you with memories.


With photographs.


With the sound of a voice you can only hear inside your head now.


With all the things you wish you had said.


And to the one whom death took at a very young age...


You were my laughter and my smile.


I miss you.


I hope we someday meet and recognise each other.


But for now...


be warm up there. 🤍

-----------------------------------------------------------

For the ones we had to lose, in every sense of the word.

Comments

Popular Posts